Advertisement

Sunday 26 August 2012

D.I.Y: Banana Beer volumnising hair mask


20120823-140357.jpg
Banana and what??
I get that.
I really do love organic and natural beauty products and am in the midst of trying to change all if not most of my beauty products to certified organic and natural ones. It’s a tough journey, but I will get there eventually, watch me!
So I went about searching for a good recipe for a DIY hair mask because I simply love having great hair. Nice, healthy hair is as important as having a clear skin to me.
I’m not blessed with thick voluminous hair so the first thing I went about looking for, was a volumnising hair mask. For all who aren’t aware of it yet, beer is, and has been used as a natural volumnising and shine product for quite a while and some celebrities swear on it!
Now time to get our hands dirty!
RECIPE:
2 Ripe bananas
1 Tablespoon Honey (I used acacia honey cause it smells great)
1/2 cup of Flat beer
1. Mash the bananas till it forms a paste
2. Add the honey
3. Let the beer sit out for a while till it becomes flat, stir it or pour it into alternating cups to quicken the process.
4. Best to wear a hair mask to avoid mess
5. Let it sit for 1-2 hours
6. Wash off and shampoo as normal
TIPS:
Use a beer with a higher yeast content i.e. Dark beer
The end result was good for me, my hair definitely felt stronger and thicker which gave it more volume. Shine wasn’t much. However, the smell of beer and banana was stuck in my hair for a day. Not too pleasant.
Verdict? I would do it, not frequently perhaps, for the extra volume I get. The smell kind puts me off though. Imagine, walking around smelling like beer.
Still, it’s a completely natural way of adding that extra oomph to your hair! Think stronger, thicker hair. Don’t expect an Adele bouffant though.
What are your thoughts on it? Any favourite hair masks? Share them!
Love,
Missy Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment