Advertisement

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Fight blemishes! Clinique anti-blemish solutions spot treatment gel

You want perfectly clear skin. So do I. But face it, no one has perfect clear skin, unless you're good at photoshop or you're a baby. Even If you can't get exactly that, you can get close. And the little bottle of wonder is going to help you clear your skin of nasty spots and blemishes.

The Queen of blemish treatment 

I have been using the product for years. I'm not that old, and it has helped me tremendously through my growing teenage years when my skin was as its worst.

The Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions Spot Treatment Gel is helps reduce blemishes and promote healing. It also soothes irritation, redness. This product contains Salicylic acid, which has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, hence it may be a little drying and to be used only on problems areas and not your entire face! Also, some may feel a slight stingy effect when applied, I have it sometimes too but it goes away as quickly as it comes. I assume it's the acid working, however, if you have sensitive skin, do check with your doctor or dermatologist first. I'm not sure if this was made for sensitive or irritable skin.

The best way I feel this should be used is when you feel a spot or a pimple coming out or when a whitehead seems to be getting bigger. Or after squeezing out said white/black head. Dab on a drop of the gel (enough to cover the problem spot), a thin film will cover the area and it will appear dry. This gel works really well to prevent (not sure about curing) full blown pimples or inflammation for me.

I also use this on other parts of my body such as the décolleté and my back when I feel angry bumps there. Once I've applied the gel, it usually never has a chance to erupt.

Clinique promises for it to be invisible under or over make up. And it delivers. Make up can sometimes clog pores ad cause breakouts, so I always apply this on the oilier parts of my skin or potential acne spots before doing my make up. After applying concealer and powder and the rest, you will not see the gel at all. Heck, even without make up, it's nearly invisible. So putting on make up has been a less guilty affair for me with a thin protective film.

It comes in a really small bottle of 15ml but trust me, one bottle can last for a long time. I use it very liberally twice or more a day and it lasts for a few months. For normal usage, it can probably last at least half a year.

I use this with the rest of Clinique's anti-blemish range and I'm seriously loving it. It doesn't come cheap (It sells at £13.50 for 15ml on the Clinique website) but this is worth every penny. I don't think I'll stop using this for a long time to come unless a natural, organic product of the same quality comes out.


What are your thoughts on the spot treatment gel? Does it work as well for you?


Love,
Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment